Read the following hypothetical text and answer the given questions on the basis of the same: Aashna, an alumnus of CBSE School, initiated her start up Smartpay, in 2015. Smartpay is a service platform that processes payments via UPI and POS, and provides credit or loans to their clients. During the year 2021-22, Smartpay issued bonus shares in the ratio of 5:1 by capitalising reserves. The profits of Smartpay in the year 2021-22 after all appropriations was ₹7,50,000. This profit was arrived after taking into consideration the following items: –
|Interim Dividend paid during the year||90,000|
|Depreciation on Machinery||40,000|
|Loss of Machinery due to fire||20,000|
|Insurance claim received for Loss of Machinery due to Fire||10,000|
|Interest on Non-Current Investments received||30,000|
|Particulars||31.3.22 (₹)||31.3. 21 (₹)|
|Equity Share Capital||12,00,000||10,00,000|
|Securities Premium Account||3,00,000||5,00,000|
|Investment in Marketable Securities||1,50,000||1,00,000|
|Cash in hand||2,00,000||3,00,000|
|10% Non-Current Investments||4,00,000||3,00,000|
|Provision for Tax||80,000||60,000|
- Goodwill purchased during the year was ₹20,000.
- Proposed Dividend for the year ended March 31, 2021 was ₹1,60,000 and for the year ended March 31,2022 was ₹2,00,000.
You are required to:
- Calculate Net Profit before tax and extraordinary items.
- Calculate Operating profit before working capital changes.
- Calculate Cash flow from Investing activities.
- Calculate Cash flow from Financing activities.
- Calculate closing cash and cash equivalents.